What do we need to bring with us?

You and your spouse must come to the Clerk's Office to file the paperwork (not necessarily together). You will need to bring a form of identification that includes your picture (such as a driver's license). You will need a Certificate of Corroborating Witness, this form is included in the simplified dissolution packet, and can be signed in the presence of a notary. Forms for filing a Petition for Simplified Dissolution of Marriage are available in the Clerk's Family Law Office for a fee.

Show All Answers

1. What is a simplified divorce/simplified dissolution of marriage?
2. Where can we file for a simplified divorce?
3. What do we need to bring with us?
4. Do we have to have an attorney?
5. What does it cost to file for a simplified divorce?
6. How long will it take for our divorce to become final?
7. What happens after the Judge signs the Final Judgment?
8. Can we change our mind after we have filed for a simplified dissolution of marriage?
9. Do we have to file for a divorce in the county where we reside?