How to enforce Child Support payments?

The Clerk's Office has very little power when it comes to child support enforcement. The Clerk's Office will file a judgment against an obligor if the account becomes delinquent. The judgment becomes a lien against any real property owned by the individual. In private child support cases, upon the request of the obligee, the Clerk's Office will initiate an action to suspend the driver's license privileges and motor vehicle registration of delinquent obligors.

The Florida Department of Revenue (DOR) Child Support Services has an agency specifically for child support enforcement. They are located in Escambia County Florida at:
2205 La Vista
Pensacola, FL 32504 (View a map)
Phone: 850-488-KIDS (5437)

Your personal attorney can enforce your child support rights as well.

Show All Answers

1. Where do I obtain Florida child support arrearage information regarding workers' compensation claimants?
2. What is child support?
3. Who is the obligor?
4. Who is the obligee?
5. What is the Florida State Disbursement Unit (SDU)?
6. What is an Income Deduction Order/Income Withholding Order (IDO/IWO) (Florida Statute 61.1301)?
7. When will my employer start making payments through the SDU?
8. How do I get help when I am not receiving court ordered child support?
9. How to enforce Child Support payments?
10. What are methods of payment?
11. What if I have a payment inquiry?
12. How can I file a payment reduction or increase?
13. How can I get credit for child support payments made directly to the recipient?
14. How can I have my payment deposited into my bank account?